Doubt (lack of confidence in oneself and one’s abilities)
Doubt is a powerful force, it can stop you from reaching your goals or stop you from becoming who you want to be. Why do we doubt? Is it because we are scared? Or is it because we are inexperienced, or perhaps it is because we compare ourselves to the successes of others. Discouragement usually is the start of doubting yourself.
Doubt is a fire, it can tear you down and leave you feeling hopeless, frustrated, depressed, unmotivated, and burnt out. What sparks the flames to the inferno of doubt is ourselves. The flames of doubt can spread to every aspect of your life, you may doubt that you are capable of making it on to a team, getting a promotion, or telling a special someone how you feel. People are afraid of failure, rejection, and loss and we subconsciously create doubt to prevent us from trying and failing. Doubt is part of our judgement system and when we doubt we judge ourselves, a lot of times the judgement is to harsh and inaccurate. We tend to always be our worst critic and we over criticize ourselves sometimes so much that we start to doubt other aspects of ourselves.
Gaining Control of The Fire
- We all Doubt, it is normal to doubt what we can and can’t do.
- Stop Lying to yourself, doubt is not true to you.
- Prevent the fire from spreading by silencing your doubt and tell yourself the good things you are doing and have done.
- Expand upon your other great qualities and abilities, use that as your fire suppressant
- Create reminders of your greatness. Quotes, pictures, anything that will strengthen yourself and keep you believing in yourself.
- If you do fail, learn from it, don’t let it destroy you. We are all human and making mistakes or failing is something that everyone does. What you do after the fact is what will make you a better person.
Tell yourself that you can do what you want to do. Don’t be discouraged because something hasn’t turned out the way you hoped or how you think it will play out, believe in yourself.
Liked the short read? Leave a comment or like! Follow below!
Here are some previous articles you may have missed!
Self-Doubt: Definition of Self-Doubt by Oxford Dictionary on Lexico.com also meaning of Self-Doubt. (n.d.). Retrieved June 08, 2020, from https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/self-doubt